Bragelonne

Nous sommes actuellement le 17 Décembre 2017, 00:14

Le fuseau horaire est réglé sur UTC

Publier un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet  [ 5 messages ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : la saga du sourceleur
MessagePublié : 24 Août 2017, 07:03 
Hors-ligne

When you want to understand how confortable a sleeping bag is, call like a persons Pop-sicle and Mr. Metabolism, then watch the insulation fly.

When night falls within the backcountry child size sleeping bag, strange unpredicted unpredicted unexpected things happen to apparently normal people. You would not comprehend it by their mild-mannered on-the-trail attitude, however, many hikers become temperamental snoozers who've trouble getting comfortable within the bag. They're everything you call "warm sleepers" and "cold sleepers."

Whether it's [levels] F or 60 [levels] F, the truly amazing and cozy sleeper can get hotter his bag like a jalapeno pepper fires up a Tex-Mex burrito. Most nights the zipper reaches half-mast as well as the arms are out attempting to catch some awesome air.

The cold sleepers would be the metabolically challenged folk who, despite hot-water bottles strategically put in their sleeping-bags, still awaken shivering at 4 a.m.

So with your troubled sleepers inside your ideas, we setup internet search engine optimization test of 15 [levels] F sleeping-bags somewhat differently. Together with our nitty-gritty, lower-and-dirty reviews, you may have recommendations from testers whose metabolic peculiarities belong to among four sleeper profiles: warm-sleeping man, warm-sleeping lady, cold-sleeping man, and cold-sleeping lady. To gauge your nightime-temperature quotient, match you to ultimately among the tester profiles scattered throughout. Then think about the merchandise critiques and hone on models with shapes, sizes, featuring that suit your needs. If you are that rare normal sleeper who's never too warm or freezing, follow the ratings and reviews chart.

In relation to bags, we'd have loved to evaluate mummies that may handle the most effective nights within the average backpacker's typical hiking season: springtime through early winter. In several areas meaning a bag rated to fifteen [levels] F. To narrow the location we searched for that lightest (under 3 1/2 pounds) and a lot of affordable (under $250) models. Within the eight that made the cut, two are full of lower, five have Polarguard 3D insulation, the other uses Thermolite Extreme. All are available in no under two lengths.

Test crew compiled 200 nights within the bags, generally sleeping inside
tents on full-length, self-inflating sleeping pads. Testing locations ranged inside the Adirondacks in New You can to Alaska to Mt. Hood and Rainier. Evening temperatures varied from single digits for that mid-40s.

Listed here are the reviews so as of efficiency.

SIERRA DESIGNS LEWIS/GEORGIA

This 600-fill-power lower bag, that will be men's (Lewis) and women's (Georgia) sizes, earned top honors because of its dependable warmth and weatherproofing, smart detailing, and rock-solid construction. Paul described it a "workhorse with no major problems," and Kristin known as it "the bag I'd trust most to get me utilizing a week of 15 [levels] F weather."

Testers were impressed while using the bag's sizing, tallying it offered the very best mixture of contouring and layering space. Kristin likened the hood to "a custom-made pocket in my opinion,In . along with the whole crew gave a big thumbs-for the small draft collar that circles the skin opening such as the fur ruff by getting an arctic parka. This collar seals out drafts, as well as, because it sits concerning the face along with the drawcord, it prevents the cord from biting for the face.

The Pertex covering provided top-notch defense against drizzle, spindrift, and condensation. (The ft in the bag includes a slightly heavier covering material.) After wet nights within the bivy sack and within tarp, Paul i noted that moisture stored beading across the shell's surface extended after our partners' bags began absorbing water.

To top things off, the Lewis/Georgia fluffs up fast and stuffs into this sort of small bundle that people could cram it along with a three-quarter-length self-inflating pad towards the sleeping-bag compartment of my 5,000-cubic-inch pack.

Primary point here: Tough, warm, and ridiculously compact, this bag have to keep your particular cold out well to another century.

Another lightweight dynamo that packs away as much as fifty percent no more than a few in the synthetic bags within the test, the Expedition wowed warm and cold sleepers alike. Full of 725-fill-power lower, it fat like a souffle with simply a couple of shakes and stored on lofting after several launderings along with other nights within the field.

The Expedition's lofting power altered into luxurious warmth. Paul reported the bag felt like "an easy, warm cocoon" together with him overheating once the temperature demonstrated up at 40 [levels] F. Despite my cold-sleeping proclivities, I stumbled upon myself unzipping on several 20 [levels] F nights. Getting less a draft collar gave Kristin and Melissa an periodic shiver, but nobody thought it affected the temperature rating.

The bag was plenty extended with lots of room for stowing gear within the feet, but narrow obtaining a rather snug fit that Melissa i felt is a bit tight within the legs. In addition, it provides a terrific hood. Contoured close over the neck and face to reduce drafts, the hood creates a perfect capsule. Should you cinch the drawcord tight, the blowhole sits right over your nose and mouth.

Neither Kristin nor I cared much for the small zipper, which will snagged the bag's lining, and a lot of testers observed a couple of flying lower that tucked by helping cover their the seams. Another concern was the sturdiness within the lightweight microfiber covering, which did not rip or tear but elevated questions on precisely how it might endure sharp objects.

Primary point here: A suitable, toasty mummy obtaining a cranium-friendly hood, this 725-fill-power lower bag could be a steal at $239.

The best-rated synthetic bag within the test, the Optima scored well in lots of key groups--loft, warmth, weatherproofing, and roominess--and poorly in none. It received extra praise for warmth from Melissa and Kristin, who thought the yoke-style draft collar trapped heat effectively. Pointed out Kristin, "Using this greater insulation levels throughout my neck, it felt much like when Mother acquainted with tuck me in at night time (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109244364109858937453).

Several testers reported what Melissa known as Optima's "wet-weather toughness." The covering shed light moisture well, and Paul found he could remove frost by having an excellent shake or maybe more. When condensation drenched the foot of my bag, the Polarguard 3D insulation stored my feet so warm that people rested soundly at night time.

Kristin, Melissa, and Paul spoken in regards to the Optima's fit and generous overall girth. I dissented, selecting the space missing inside my 6'6" frame along with the hood too shallow. It does not matter how tightly I cinched the drawcord, the blowhole left my brow uncovered and my mouth covered.

Testers complimented several small details, such as the mitten-friendly tabs on the zipper pulls along with a drawcord that will not "strangle you. Nonetheless they were not too crazy about the bag's bulk--it barely fit within the sleeping-bag compartment of my 5,000-cubic-inch pack--and getting less a hook-and-loop clasp to help keep the zipper from sliding open.

Primary point here: A effective all-around artist, the Optima is fantastic for folks of average height who're needed a wet-weather insurance plan.

One of the synthetic-fill models, this Polarguard 3D bag ran a detailed second for that Moonstone, delivering comfortable nights (during wet, muggy weather) and a lot of loft when moist or dirty. Contentment stems largely inside the bag's excellent breathability and wicking action both Melissa i noted the elegant lining never came out sticky or sticky.

Appear construction and hard materials also boosted the second Dimension's score. Paul could not identify any inadequate loft, despite putting his bag through seven straight nights within the field and three journeys while using washer. Melissa recognized the "neat, tight, even stitching" and "abrasion-resistant covering fabric."

What hampered the second Dimension's efficiency were its too-generous sizing and inadequate a draft collar, which made Kristin and me use a couple of old methods--hot-water bottles, layering with extra clothes, and snacking--to remain warm on 15 [levels] to twenty [levels] F nights. Even hot-sleeper Paul observed some sneaking cold. That excess area surrounding the torso requires extra calories making it warm, which sapped our internal furnaces. (Warm-sleeping individuals who don't mind over sleeping a sweater or parka might understand the size as being a benefit, because filling the additional space is bound to extend the bag's range.)

Across the detailing front, we found that the mesh headnet completely bamboozled the peskiest bugs, though Paul wanted the net was large enough to complement within the ball cap he accustomed to keep your mesh off his face. I wasn't too thinking about the extended, thin stuff sack, which made packing an uncomfortable test of strength and coordination.

Primary point here: Built big, produced for rainwater, and created to last, the second Dimension is a good bet for sturdy folks and warm sleepers who regularly hike in wet environments.

Warmth was rarely an issue with this specific Polarguard 3D bag, despite having less a draft collar. Between its heaping helping of insulation and fuzzy microfleece lining, this bag stored testers cozy right lower for the temperature rating. Paul even cracked open the zipper round the 20 [levels] F night to awesome off. I appreciated the nearly immediate loft inside a week in Alaska, after i frequently had enter my bag at day's finish to depart snowy, windy weather.

Kristin reported the only real chilly moments, citing some cold spots in which the lining collected perspiration and ongoing to become wet. In dry, winter, the liner performed better, offering good moisture management and ideal next-to-skin comfort.

The Wizard's cut, which Kristin known as "conforming whilst not constricting," certainly favors skinny people. My extended legs might have preferred more thrashing room, and Melissa believe that it is too snug throughout, complaining that "the bag felt be thankful was colored onto my figure.In . The wide but shallow hood also did not fit quite right, departing lots of dead air space where it has to have contoured carefully over the sides within the mind.

Primary point here: Melissa summarized best: "The Wizard provides a wonderfully warm nest in lots of weather, but it is recommended to like a narrow fit."

This Polarguard 3D mummy impressed testers in lots of groups, but ultimately left us with mixed feelings. It compressed well and breathed much better than most, and Kristin i both gave it kudos for roominess. "The Serrano provides the ideal fit, obtaining a wonderfully contoured hood, good width inside the shoulders, a comparatively dramatic taper while using calves, along with a trapezoidal footbox that permitted my feet lots of shuffling room, even if I shoved my parka lower there," pointed out Kristin. Paul and Melissa generally agreed, though these were less thrilled while using the taper, calling body over the legs "skimpy" and "narrow."

Testers' first concern using the Serrano could it have been does not insulate sufficiently best to merit greater than a 25 [levels] F rating. The cold sleepers began feeling chilled over the freezing point, since the warm sleepers lasted towards the mid-20s. Compounding the issue was mortgage loan business loft--thus, insulating power--throughout test. In relation to yoke collar, Kristin and Melissa thought it did a great job of trapping heat, but Paul i lost track of it each time we folded over.

Within the detailing department, Kristin i applauded the easy-to-grab zipper pulls and off traffic preserving your hood drawcord, but we shrugged shoulders regarding the double-drawcord stuff sack. We are in a position to not determine what the 2nd draw-cord accomplished, apart from to produce confusion. The crew also requested the shell's shocking yellow color, which proven every speck of dirt and introduced to slow drying occasions in the world.

One further concern yourself with durability: Across the sample Paul i tested, the corner within the yoke collar started to tear inside the seam attaching it for that bag.

Primary point here: Through getting another 10 [levels] F of insulating power, the snug-fitting Serrano is really a strong competitor in this particular subject.(Over here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-choose-good-sleeping-bag-camping-dave-stenie)

Full of Thermolite Extreme, this bag was probably most likely probably the most compressible within the synthetics, packing in a stuff sack that fit to the sleeping-bag compartment in the midsize internal-frame pack. In addition, it breathed perfectly, rarely feeling muggy or sticky, most likely since the insulation does not appear to get packed as densely inside this bag much like many of the others.

Regrettably, the insulation also exhibited minimal loft within the test, which converted getting a teeth-chattering nights. Kristin observed the Thermo Pod "looked more pancake-such as the longer We tried on the extender, and compelled me to bundle in fleece on nights once the temperature dipped towards the mid-20s." Aside from warm-sleeping Melissa, we agreed this bag is more preferable appropriate for two main 1/2-season adventures. This finding, cheap this bag was the 2nd heaviest within the test, considered heavily round the overall ratings.

Dernière édition par firosiro le 23 Septembre 2017, 09:25, édité 1 fois.

Sujet du message : Re: la saga du sourceleur
MessagePublié : 24 Août 2017, 16:03 
Hors-ligne

A quel volume/titre fais-tu référence ? A ma connaissance, il n'y a pas de changement de titre entre Bragelonne et Milady.

MessagePublié : 25 Août 2017, 12:26 
Hors-ligne

La seule différence entre les deux éditions est qu'il y a un distinguo entre les deux recueils de nouvelles et la saga à proprement parlé.
Chez Bragelonne ça donne 2+5, alors que chez Milady ça donne 7 volumes.

MessagePublié : 05 Septembre 2017, 20:07 
Hors-ligne

Bienvenue à toi !

L'émotion sans doute de te joindre aux membres de ce forum est, je le suppose, responsable du titre qui pique :?:

Livres dévorés en 2015 : 31

MessagePublié : 04 Octobre 2017, 15:25 
Hors-ligne
Administrateur

Vengeance a écrit :
Bienvenue à toi !

L'émotion sans doute de te joindre aux membres de ce forum est, je le suppose, responsable du titre qui pique :?:

Moi, j'ai bien ri.

Publier un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet  [ 5 messages ] 

Le fuseau horaire est réglé sur UTC